Just a quick update to share some things that can help you and your practice make it through this tricky time and to emerge from the down time on solid footing and stronger than ever.
First though, I wanted to acknowledge the outpouring of support and encouragement that so many of you shared with me over this past week.
I received over 500 emails and voice messages. I am unbelievably humbled and incredibly moved that so many of you felt so strongly that you took the time to make sure that I (and the rest of the team) felt appreciated and understood. The personal stories of struggle and of success you shared were deeply and profoundly touching.
I had to stop reading so often to wipe my eyes dry…
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your kindness and compassion.
I wish I could give all of you a massive hug for infusing me with a renewed sense of purpose and drive and knowing more than ever that the work we do matters. (To heck with social distancing for just one sweet minute…)
This is such disservice to the effort you made, but sadly, I simply don’t have time to respond to each of you personally. It hurts to even say that. Just know that YOU are appreciated as well.
Ok, wiping my eyes and on to the updates:
1. The response to our offer to spend some quality one-on-one time going through your MassageBook setup and answering any questions was bigger than we anticipated, and the time slots we made available were booked very quickly. The team was eager to do more, so we’ve opened up additional times for a consulting session. You can view the schedule and reserve a time here. We’ll spend the time on whatever is most meaningful to you, and we’ll offer suggestions wherever we see an opportunity for improvement. We’ll also look to see if you’re not taking advantage of some things we know work well for others.
2. Since everyone now has access to Gift Certificates, Promotions and Campaigns in MassageBook, Kyle and his kitty Blue have put together a great video to show you, step by step, how to create a Gift Certificate and then how to create a Promotion using this Gift Certificate that you can email to all of your clients. (This is really working well for folks. We helped someone get this done on Tuesday, and she let us know on Wednesday that she had already sold 20 Gift Certificates!) Here’s the video.
3. Taylor has done an amazing job going through each state and Canadian province to find resources that you may find helpful. You’ll also find links to the AMTA and ABMP resource pages so you have everything in one place. Resources for your small business during the Covid-19 outbreak.
4. Memberships: We’ve added the ability to define how many months you’d like to allow a client’s unused Membership credit to “roll over.” It was limited to one month, but now you can roll credits over up to 12 months so that your clients won’t worry about not being able to use the credits for a while.
If you’ve already sold Membership plans, you can edit the Membership under Business Setup > Service Menu to retroactively apply the new rollover setting to existing credits. Here’s what you’ll see after you save your new setting:
I still feel Memberships are an underappreciated way to both increase regular visits and help make your monthly income more reliable. Consider offering both a Gift Certificate AND a Membership option when you send your clients an email sharing ways they can help support you and perhaps get a little break on your normal rates too.
That’s all for now. We’ll share more helpful resources as they become available.
Stay healthy and think good thoughts,
Mark and the MassageBook Team
- Author: Mark Volkmann
- Published: March 26, 2020