Hello! My name is Raechel and I am a Licensed Massage Therapist, owner of Massage Sci LLC, and practice effective focused massage therapy in Holland, Michigan. TRAINING & ASSOCIATIONS
BACKGROUND & PASSIONS
- Certification in Medical Massage Therapy Program
- Passed the National Board Certification Agency's Medical Massage Therapy Exam
- Licensed Massage Therapist with State of Michigan
- American Red Cross Certified Adult and Infant CPR/First Aid/AED
- Member of the American Massage Therapy Association
- Member of Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
- Member of the Day Spa Association
- Member of Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce
I come from a nonprofit background in marketing, finance, and operations. After many years in that field, and a car accident injury that was greatly assisted by massage, my career shifted from impacting communities, to impacting individuals, through massage. Based on personal experience, education, and research, I believe massage therapy can be a useful tool in helping injuries heal, decreasing stress and anxiety, and managing symptoms of many chronic musculo-skeletal conditions.
I began my massage career by seeking an education based in anatomy, pathology, and a medical massage protocol. I then gained valuable work experience in both clinical, spa, and combination environments. Today Massage Sci LLC is firmly grounded in an evidence-informed approach, and is infused by select spa-like add-ons that come with proven therapeutic value.
I author the Massage Sci Blog, a scientific look at the world of massage therapy, along with straight forward answers to common questions. In my free time I enjoy reading, hiking in peaceful woods, and being an avid sci-fi nerd. hide