License: Massage, PA #MSG000661
(20) Verified Reviews
I only lasted in Corporate America for about 3 years before I realized that it was not a good fit for me. With some divine leading, I found my way to mass...more
I only lasted in Corporate America for about 3 years before I realized that it was not a good fit for me. With some divine leading, I found my way to massage school and discovered my true calling! My pre-med background made school easy and the transition into the medical side of massage a natural path.
I graduated from Westminster College in 1997 with a BS in Biology in 1997. I then graduated from the Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy with a certification in Advanced Massage Therapy in 2002. Since then, I have done extensive training in orthopedic massage techniques as well as detoxifying massage techniques.
I specialize in orthopedic massage and pain management techniques, This is accomplished by bringing balance back to the muscles and fascia (connective tissue) of the body - lengthening the short muscles/fascia and strengthening (shortening) the long, overstretched muscles/fascia. Almost all soft tissue dysfunction - as well as many skeletal dysfunctions - can be corrected by returning balance to the body. In these ways (and others), I help to bring balance to the outside of the body.
I also specialize in systemic detoxification techniques. The lymphatic system is a critical system for supporting the immune system and removing excess fluids and toxins from the body. It normally functions at about 10% of its capacity, leaving 90% as a functional reserve. Lymphatic drainage techniques manually pump this vital system, thereby activating the functional reserve so it functions closer to its capacity. We also use castor oil packs which are well-known for enhancing the lymphatic and endocrine systems. In these ways (and others), I help to bring balance to the inside of the body.
Lanigan Massage & Bodywork is located on Locust Street in Coraopolis, just 2 minutes from the Sewickley Bridge.
I am an avid outdoors enthusiast - I love hiking, biking, boating, skiing, caving, rock climbing and SCUBA diving.hide
I have also played many sports through the years - Volleyball, soccer, basketball, swimming, track & field,