Therapeutic Touch is vital in today's age of technical and, at times, impersonal medicine. Massage
offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach based on the
body's natural ability to heal itself. Here are only some of the benefits
to receiving regular massage and/or bodywork treatments?
- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body's natural defense system,
against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage
has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body's largest organ - the skin.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Releases endorphins - the body's natural painkiller - and is being
used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces
shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
- Assists with shorter labor for expectant mothers, as well as less
need for medication, less depression and anxiety, and shorter hospital
Reiki Healing Touch is an energy therapy in which practitioners consciously
use their hands in a heart-centered and intentional way to support and
facilitate physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.Healing Touch is a biofield (magnetic field around the body) therapy that is an energy-based approach to health and healing.Healing Touch uses the gift of touch to influence the human energy
system, specifically the energy field that surrounds the body, and the
energy centers that control the flow from the energy field to the
physical body.These non-invasive techniques employ the hands to clear, energize,
and balance the human and environmental energy fields, thus affecting
physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. It is based on a
heart-centered, caring relationship in which the practitioner and client
come together energetically to facilitate the client's health and
The goal of Therapeutic Touch and Reiki is to restore balance and harmonies in the
energy system, placing a person in a position to self themselves..
I have practicing Reiki for 13 years. I am a Level 4 Gold Master. I graduated from the Denver School of Massage Therapy. I want to be able to give my clients a full session of Therapeutic Touch and Energy Healing. hide